Upcoming Meetings Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
Elections, Board of Governors’ meetings, Continuing Medical Education and other necessary meetings will be through videoconferencing or conference call until further notice.
Baltimore County Medical Association’s Panel on the Recreational Use of Cannabis in Maryland
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Gary W. Pushkin, M.D. –Partner at Cohen & Pushkin, MD, PA
Francisco A. Ward, D.O.– Medical Director, Medicann Elite, CMO Bazelet Health
George F. Kolodner, M.D.- Founder & CIO, Kolmac Outpatient Recovery Centers
Joel D. Meshulem, M.D. –Regional Medical Director, Privia Medical Group
Taylor Kasky, J.D.-Director, Office of Policy & Government Affairs, MD Medical Cannabis Commission.
The Maryland House of Delegates announced a panel to study how implement a recreational marijuana program in Maryland. A vote count says early next year, the House will be pass legislation to put questions before voters.
• What is the state of Maryland’s medical cannabis system? • What is the public health impact of recreational use • What other states can teach us about their experience with recreational use • What we really know about the benefits and effects of cannabis • What we can learn from clinical studies done in other countries.
- State the current state of Maryland’s Medical Cannabis System.
- Examine public health concerns in regards to states with recreational use.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of medical cannabis versus recreational use.
- Asses concerns with the current Maryland Medical Cannabis System.
- Describe Cannabis Use Disorder
To RSVP: Yes– I Would Like to Attend
or email Pkeiser@medchi.org 410-539-0872 ext 3318
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society. MedChi is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: MedChi designates this live webinar educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.